F.A.C.T.S. will break down the writing process into steps. Attending a writing workshop is an instructional practice to help children become more confident writers. During the writing workshop children will learn all the steps in the writing process (drafting, revising, editing and publishing).
The writing process steps include:
- Practicing pre-writing skills, so your students are prepared to confidently begin writing. (outlining/graphic organizer)
- Understanding how to write a detailed and focused thesis statement that provides a concise summary of the main point or claim of the essay.
- Writing a structured and entertaining introductory paragraph that clearly introduces the main idea of the essay.
- Understand how to cite from the text. Students will learn how to use resources to cite evidence from the text to incorporate in their essay.
- Creating compelling and concise body paragraphs that include a topic sentence, which relates to the thesis.
F.A.C.T.S will supply the instruction, tools and supportive advice that encourages students as they delve deeper into the writing process. Each succeeding step we teach is designed to expand upon the foundation that your students are building and the ultimate results are a more confident writer.